COVID 19 Announcement
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority at Southpointe Dental. We want to tell you about the new, enhanced infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
Things to know prior to your visit with us:
- Please brush and floss prior to your appointment.
- Wear your mask to the appointment.
- The schedule is designed with social distancing in mind. Fewer patients will be in the office at one time. As a result, you may notice fewer options for scheduling. We appreciate your flexibility in scheduling future appointments.
When you arrive for your visit:
- We are now welcoming patients to come into the office with a mask to check in for their appointment. However, if you prefer to wait in your car, simply call us when you arrive to check-in 701-280-1941 (consider your car your own personal reception room).
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
A look inside the office:
- You will see some changes in our office which address and go beyond CDC & ADA guidelines.
- Our team will look a bit different, as we will be wearing extensive PPE (masks, face shields surgical caps, etc.)
- Due to the warmth of our increased protective garments, we will be keeping the office cooler. Please feel free to wear a sweater. We also have freshly laundered blankets for your use during your appointment.
- Air purifiers with true HEPA and UV-C light filters have been placed throughout the office.
- Plexiglas barriers are installed in the front desk area.
- We are disinfecting door handles, restrooms, and computer keyboards several times throughout the day.
- We are screening the team as well. Anybody with a positive COVID exposure, symptom or temperature in excess of 100.0 degrees will not be in the office.
- Your dental appointment will always start with an antimicrobial mouth rinse.
- You may also notice some new technology that helps us to remove droplets & aerosols produced during treatment. (We have really taken pride in researching the best options for patient and staff protection!)
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Regular dental care is an essential part of supporting your overall health. To make an appointment, please call our office at 701-280-1941.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty, and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Jim Lichtsinn and Team